Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #185

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

THE WOLF WILDER BY KATHERINE RUNDELL
 
Goodreads Description:

Feodora and her mother live in the snowbound woods of Russia, in a house full of food and fireplaces. Ten minutes away, in a ruined chapel, lives a pack of wolves. Feodora's mother is a wolf wilder, and Feo is a wolf wilder in training. A wolf wilder is the opposite of an animal tamer: it is a person who teaches tamed animals to fend for themselves, and to fight and to run, and to be wary of humans.

When the murderous hostility of the Russian Army threatens her very existence, Feo is left with no option but to go on the run. What follows is a story of revolution and adventure, about standing up for the things you love and fighting back. And, of course, wolves.



Hardcover, 256 pages
Expected publication: September 9th 2015 by Bloomsbury Children's 
Pre-Order here and here.

This is the UK cover edition for this gorgeous book. And I love this version the most. Sigh. It is so beautiful! Though the US version is pretty too :) But ack. This book sounds pretty amazing. A bit different, so I'm not sure I would love it, but it is SO PRETTY. So I'm going to get it. And I'm going to cross all my fingers that I will love it. Because I want to. I want to so badly. Oh, how it is gorgeous.
What are you waiting for on this wild Wednesday?

8 comments:

  1. Ahaha, how funny. You and I both showed UK versions of our WoWs. Sometimes they just have the best covers! :) This one looks wonderful. I never did get around to reading Rooftoppers but I heard it was very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hadn't heard of this before, but I really want to read it. Mostly because of that cover though. Great pick, and thanks for sharing. :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the UK covers a lot more than the US ones. This one sounds really good. Thanks for putting it on my radar.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a beautiful book, oh my god. I love both covers and couldn't decide which one to buy, if I'm being honest ... but it definitely sounds interesting and I'll definitely keep an eye on it! Thank you for sharing this! :D

    Your blog is really pretty btw! I follow you now! <3
    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this book, but it sounds great! New follower!

    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. new to me but sounds like a great pick and hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has wolves...count me in! Wonderful cover too. Seems like they always have better covers overseas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of this one, Carina! I like the non-US cover more than the US cover :D I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!

    Have a fabulous week :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)