Saturday, April 11, 2015

In My Mailbox #180

I feel like this have been an awesome reading week. Last week I re-read His Dark Materials. <3 Which was the very best thing. I read three books this week, and starting one today :) I got some gorgeous plush I ordered. <3 And a few pre-orders too :D I have talked to a lot of amazing people online, like always. So those have been the good parts. But then. The bad. My fucked up health. It is getting worse. My hole is still there, still bad, and I'm still waiting on news about surgery. Ugh. But a couple of days ago I got a new painful bump. Still hoping it is just a bump. But it hurt like goddamn crazy every single second and it is huuge and starting to turn blue on the edges. And I am almost positive it is another abscess. My third one. And in the worst place ever. And I just. I'm almost wishing it would kill me, this pain, because I'm so sick of being sick. I'm so sick of getting these things. No one else does. But I get everything. And I don't want it anymore. Sobs. Sigh. I just.. I want some cheering up. Sigh. Enough about that. This week I posted another awesome Cress Tuesday. <3 I'm waiting on Daughter of Deep Silence. <3 I read The Storyspinner :D Then I read Joyride. And then I read A Darker Shade of Magic. <3 Which was perfect. Sniffs. I also shared the cover for Illuminae :D Gorgeous. And I shared the cover for Starflight. <3 So pretty. A bit bad, and a bit good happened this week :) What did you get this week? <3



Empire of Night. I.. have yet to read book one. Eeek. But I am excited about both :) Reading soon.
Miss Mayhem. Heh, I haven't read this first book either. Ack. But I think they both sound awesome.
The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things. I loved this book so very much. It is perfect. And oh so cute. <3
The Alex Crow. Thank you Suzanne for this gorgeous :D So happy that I won. <3 I'm curious about it.
Interstellar. Ah. I really did like this movie a lot. I shall have to re-watch it very soon. I'm excited :D
Monstrous + The Winner's Crime ARCs. EEEEK! Thank you so so much Sandy. <3 You are the best person. Thank you for wanting to trade/share these with me :D I am so so thrilled about it. Eek. I really loved Monstrous. And needed this ARC. <3 And omg. The Winner's Crime. Have been searching forever for this print ARC :D It is gorgeous! Now my collection is complete. <3 Yesss. Thank you, again, Sandy :)
Kalahari Swag. YAY :D Thank you Jessica for this goorgeous swag. <3 I love it so much. So precious :)
Go Go + Baymax. Yay for more Big Hero 6 figures. <3 I'm now just missing 3 :D These are so perfect.
Bukowski. Oh. My precious plush animals. <3 This is my favorite brand. And I want them all. Finally found a site that shipped some to me :D And these are so so pretty. And soft. I love them so much.




Walk on Earth a Stranger. EEEEK! Edelweiss & Harper Teen is the very best sometimes. <3 So so happy that I am auto-approved by them. Sigh. It is the best thing. And oh. I am DYING to read this book :D I adore Rae. <3 She's awesome. And oh. This will be perfect. I'm starting it today and I cannot wait.






More Instagram photos here. <3

15 comments:

  1. Oh Carina I'm so sorry your health has not improved and about the new bump. I hope it's nothing. I'll be praying for you. Hopefully you'll have the surgery soon.

    I am so happy you got The Winner's Crime!! I know how much you wanted it! It's so pretty and I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, darling! I am so sorry to hear that! I really hope things will get better soon for you :( Keep hanging in there! :* xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear that you might still be getting another abscess, I will be sending positive thoughts your way for things to improve very much for your health! *hugs*

    On the positive side... YAY you got the print ARC of The Winner's Crime! It's fantastic that you finally managed to get one! And you also got Miss Mayhem! I'm still awaiting my copy on the mail!

    Happy reading sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweetie, Im so sorry about the new bump. I hope it turns out to be nothing..I'll be sending you good thoughts. Hang in there.
    The new books and toys all look so amazing! I love the Baymax figure the most..he's so cute! I cant wait to hear your thoughts on Walk on Earth...it looks so good! Im reading Miss Mayhem next---hope we both love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome haul. I hate being in pain or being sick. I hope it's nothing serious and that your health gets better. Walk on Earth looks really good. Having auto-approval makes life a lot easier.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry you are in sucha pain i know how it feel and the feelng we simply can't continue but you are stronger that you think and you will get better especially with such cute plush to keep ypu company. i did not know this brand but i would not mind to adopt one of this little, so cute babies^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beauty!...your cat and your haul. Teehee. Oh sorry you're still having some health issues. I can most certainly relate. Ugh. Anyway, I hope you'll continue to have a fantastic reading week. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those health issues are terrible Carina, but hang in there <3 BAYMAX. What a cutie. That Buskowski frog plush is adorable :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gaaaahhhh, you got a Winner's Crime ARC! I'm still looking for one -_- I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous week, Carina :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Monstrous sounds good! Hope you enjoy and have a great upcoming week, and hope that your health situation gets better soon and docs have answer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, no. I'm so sorry you're having more problems! I'll be sending you good vibes and hoping it'll get better fast. :(

    You got a print ARC of The Winner's Crime! YAY! I know how happy you are about that. :) And The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome books. miss mayhem looks great!

    I hope you enjoy :) Happy Reading!

    Here's my Weekly Wrap Up

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have two things to squeal about. One, that Baymax toy you got there. I want it, I need it, I will die without it.

    And your cat. Oh god it so cute cute cutttte <3

    (Oh and I also wanted to swoon about Winner's Crime ugh, that cover makes me sigh <3 )

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry you're feeling so sick. :( I've been dealing with health issues lately too. I've gotta get my gallbladder removed soon, but that should be a relatively easy procedure.

    Enjoy your new books! Loved Queen of Bright and Shiny, and I still need to get a copy of The Winner's Crime!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)