Saturday, April 4, 2015

In My Mailbox #179

This week has been better. Well, my health still sucks, but I re-read His Dark Materials. And that has made my heart so happy. Because, sigh, Will and Lyra. <3 They are the bestest. And you all need to read these books. Right away. They are the most amazing books. But oh. I know I'm still behind on things. Especially blog comments. And I'm so sorry about that. Soon I shall have the time and energy to look through all my comments again. But do know that I read and love all my comments. <3 And you guys are the best. I also comment on a bunch of blogs, but I shall do better soon, I hope :) Anyway. This week I posted another Cress Tuesday. <3 I'm waiting on Crimson Bound :) I read The Golden Compass. <3 I read The Subtle Knife. <3 I read The Amber Spyglass. <3 Then I listened to The Collectors :D And re-read Lyra's Oxford. <3 My loves. This upcoming week I shall read more ARCs, I think. Have lots to read. Ack. Also. Last night I watched The Boxtrolls. Which I really adored. So cute. Also seen Into the Woods. Which was.. meh. Sister said it was the worst movie she has ever seen. Ack. Anyway. The mail this week. Not that much, because of Easter, but still some gorgeous things. <3 And new plush, hiih. I'm a bit obsessed with Bukowski plush. I need them all. What did you get this week? Happy Easter everyone. <3



Frozen Memo. Norwegian edition. <3 But oh, this was too gorgeous not to buy. Love the tiny cards :)
Black Dove, White Raven. I didn't fully love this, but I did like it, so I had to own my own copy of it. <3
The House of Hades. Ah, this gorgeous US paperback. <3 I loved this book so much a year ago. Sniffs.
The 100. This was a bit cheaper, so I had to own the DVD version too, hih :D Love this show so much. <3
47 Ronin. This was very cheap when I ordered the other movies, and I'm curious about it. You seen it?
Event Horizon. I saw this a few weeks back. I liked it. So I needed to own a copy of it too, hih. Pretty.
Grease. Finally own this movie on blu-ray. <3 Pretty sure I must re-watch it soon. As it is awesome.
The Boxtrolls. As I said, watched it last night. This movie was so adorable. I really liked it. Go see it.
Bukowski Plush. I need all the plushes. And this one was just too damn cute. <3 I love the tiny wings.
Nicki Minaj Perfume. Testing a new perfume. And this one smells pretty gorgeous. Hope it stays so :)




Every Last Word. Eeeek. Thank you Disney Hyperion for accepting my Netgalley request for this one. <3 I'm really excited to read it. Yet a bit nervous too. Just hoping it will be amazing, and that the romance will be cute, hih. I'm excited, though. It looks so good. And it is so so pretty! <3





More Instagram photos here. <3

14 comments:

  1. I love Grease, greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease is the word! Hope you enjoy all of your books and movies!!
    -Jon from Bookish Antics

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many days without mail it's awful! I cannot wait for Monday because I think we DO have mail that day! I have so many things that ought to arrive in the mail!!

    I'm so glad to hear you loved re-reading His Dark Materials so much! I will try to do that at some point, but I'm scared of how I'll deal with the ending of the final book...

    Thank you so much for always being so amazing commenting on my blog sweetie! You're a dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard that Every Last Word was great! I hope you'll love it too! :D Can't wait to read your review :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a few great books. Love Grease. Your Cat definitely echoes how I have felt this week. Great stack.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope you'll feel better soon! happy Easter darling!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Grease, too, Carina! Your cat looks fluffy and cute! Enjoy your books and movies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeeeesss, I also got Every Last Word! I love the Bukowski plush :) I hope you enjoy all of your new books, Carina!

    Have a lovely weekend :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get better soon, Carina! <3 I'm not sure if Black Dove White Raven will be my kind of book... But I loved House of Hades too--it's my favorite Heroes of Olympus book. <33

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's still a great haul, C. ;D

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad to see that you were able to read quite a few books this week Carina, I haven't been able to fit any in and I'm just about getting caught up on commenting, so don't worry about not being able to comment as much. I'm super excited about reading Every Last Word too, here's hoping we both enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Easter! I really hope your health gets better soon. I still have to read His Dark Materials, I've only seen the movie but I really loved it and your reviews are great :) And I did see 47 Ronin, it was stunning. I hope you enjoy your books and movies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every last Word sounds like it will be a good read. Happy Easter and have a great upcoming week-- feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The 100!! Oh I wish the second season would hurry up and get put on dvd, too! We discovered the show so late that the second season was already airing so we missed the first 7 episodes..boooo:( Now we have to wait forever for it to show up on Netflix. So sad. But it's an awesome show! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice haul! I can't wait to see what you think of Every Last Word. I really, really liked it. The romance is so adorable. <3
    Happy reading, friend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)