Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #154

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

ATLANTIA BY ALLY CONDIE

Goodreads Description:

Can you hear Atlantia breathing?

For as long as she can remember, Rio has dreamt of the sand and sky Above—of life beyond her underwater city of Atlantia. But in a single moment, all her plans for the future are thwarted when her twin sister, Bay, makes an unexpected decision, stranding Rio Below. Alone, ripped away from the last person who knew Rio’s true self—and the powerful siren voice she has long hidden—she has nothing left to lose.

Guided by a dangerous and unlikely mentor, Rio formulates a plan that leads to increasingly treacherous questions about her mother’s death, her own destiny, and the complex system constructed to govern the divide between land and sea. Her life and her city depend on Rio to listen to the voices of the past and to speak long-hidden truths.


Hardcover, 368 pages
Expected publication: October 28th 2014 by Dutton Juvenile
Pre-Order here.

I'm actually very curious about this book. I love that cover. And I think it sounds pretty stunning. I have only read one review, which wasn't very positive, but I'm still excited to read this book. Crossing all my fingers that it will be interesting :D And I am hoping for a sweet romance with no love triangle. <3
What are you waiting for on this wet wednesday?  

11 comments:

  1. I'm semi-interested in this book... on the one hand, I didn't like Condie's Matched series, but on the other hand, I like the cover of this book a lot, and the concept. I'm hoping for no love triangle as well! D: I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!!

    Have a fabulous day :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if I want to read this book, or not, but I really like that cover. Thanks for sharing, and I hope you'll enjoy it. :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cover and had no idea that Allie Condie had written anything recently so thanks for sharing!

    Katelynn
    www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cover looks ah-mazing. I hope it'll be an enjoyable one for you, Carina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really loved this one! There's only one love interest, and even that is very slowly built (and very sweet to watch unfold). This book is more about secrets and family! Hope you enjoy it too, when you get to read it :)

    Awesome WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seen this around a bit and looks good and hope that you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guess what? This is my first choice for my WOW feature this week. I really want this but decided I'll have Snow Like Ashes instead. Haha!

    Here's mine:
    WOW: Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read a sampler and was very intrigued by the plot but a bit annoyed by the main character, so I'm still rather interested in it!
    The cover is really stunning though! Great pick, Carina!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wasn't the biggest fan of Matched but I REALLY like the synopsis to this one! Here's hoping it's awesome!

    Amber Elise @Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got an ARC of this book but haven't picked it up yet. I haven't read her other series so I have nothing to go on in terms of her writing. Still, like you, i'm curious about this Carina!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm curious about this book, too! Haven't read her other series (love triangle, yuck) but I've heard there isn't one in this book and it's nice to have a standalone. Hopefully we will both enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)