Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #138

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

STITCHING SNOW BY R. C. LEWIS

Goodreads Description:

Princess Snow is missing.

Her home planet is filled with violence and corruption at the hands of King Matthias and his wife as they attempt to punish her captors. The king will stop at nothing to get his beloved daughter back-but that's assuming she wants to return at all.

Essie has grown used to being cold. Temperatures on the planet Thanda are always sub-zero, and she fills her days with coding and repairs for the seven loyal drones that run the local mines.

When a mysterious young man named Dane crash-lands near her home, Essie agrees to help the pilot repair his ship. But soon she realizes that Dane's arrival was far from accidental, and she's pulled into the heart of a war she's risked everything to avoid.

In her enthralling debut, R.C. Lewis weaves the tale of a princess on the run from painful secrets . . . and a poisonous queen. With the galaxy's future-and her own-in jeopardy, Essie must choose who to trust in a fiery fight for survival.


Hardcover, 336 pages
Expected publication: October 14th 2014 by Disney-Hyperion
Pre-Order here.

There is a big chance that I am starting this book today. Well, I hope that I will. I think it sounds pretty amazing and I love that cover :D Was so excited when I got accepted via Netgalley. <3 I really hope that I will love this book. Fingers crossed. It reminds me a bit of Cinder, which I loved, so hoping I won't compare them too much. Because I also think it sounds different. Sigh. So excited to read it. <3
What are you waiting for on this sunny wednesday?

12 comments:

  1. Nice that you got accepted for this book, Carina! I hope you enjoy it and look forward to your thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this one! I want to read it so badly :)

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I was unsure of this, so will see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so intrigued and excited about this one! Cannot wait to hear what you think!!
    I hope you'll love it, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sound of this story, and the cover is gorgeous!

    Great WOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man YES!! Cannot wait to read this one either and lucky you that you got accepted on NG! It does sound a bit like Cinder, but I'm hopeful it is different enough to be its own book. It has SUCH a pretty cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful pick! I've seen it a lot lately, but never really read anything about it! I didn't realise it was similar (in the sci-fi style of a fairytale retelling) to the Lunar Chronicles. I didn't really click with Cinder, but this sounds really interesting and I think I may just like it! I hope you do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY I'm so glad that you got approved! I also have this one, and I cannot wait to read it. Fairy tale retelling fantasy novels are awesome! :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog, Carina! <3

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOoh, yes, SO very excited for this one!! I hope we both love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. it did sound interesting but I know that you're reading it right now and not enjoying it :( boo

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  11. Even though I'm apprehensive about this after reading your review, I still might check it out :P Sometime when it releases, maybe. Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)