Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #128

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

THE GLASS SENTENCE BY S.E. GROVE

Goodreads Description:

She has only seen the world through maps. She had no idea they were so dangerous.

Boston, 1891. Sophia Tims comes from a family of explorers and cartologers who, for generations, have been traveling and mapping the New World—a world changed by the Great Disruption of 1799, when all the continents were flung into different time periods.  Eight years ago, her parents left her with her uncle Shadrack, the foremost cartologer in Boston, and went on an urgent mission. They never returned. Life with her brilliant, absent-minded, adored uncle has taught Sophia to take care of herself.

Then Shadrack is kidnapped. And Sophia, who has rarely been outside of Boston, is the only one who can search for him. Together with Theo, a refugee from the West, she travels over rough terrain and uncharted ocean, encounters pirates and traders, and relies on a combination of Shadrack’s maps, common sense, and her own slantwise powers of observation. But even as Sophia and Theo try to save Shadrack’s life, they are in danger of losing their own.

The Glass Sentence plunges readers into a time and place they will not want to leave, and introduces them to a heroine and hero they will take to their hearts. It is a remarkable debut.


Hardcover, 512 pages
Expected publication: June 12th 2014 by Viking Juvenile
Pre-Order here.

I really like the sound of this book. I do, I do. I love middle grade books. And I love fantasy books. And this book sounds like it has it all. I just think it sounds awesome and I cannot wait to read it in June. <3 And ah. I'm excited to meet Sophia and Theo :D From the summary, they sound awesome. I'm excited.
What are you waiting for?

16 comments:

  1. Carina you always seem to feature amazing books as your wow post and this is another one that sounds incredible! Thanks for putting this on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had this one in my radar for a while too! It sounds super interesting!
    Thanks for sharing, Carina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this one but sounds good, and hope that you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason this cover makes me think of Legend. Anywho, it sounds really interesting. I'll be adding this to my TBR thank you very much =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a fan of fantasy novels, but i hope you'll enjoy it! Stop by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo, I featured this one a couple months ago! It has a different cover, for the USA, but it sounds good! I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh! I'm so happy I stopped in to check out your WoW. What an awesome find. Totally adding this to my TBR list! I'm super intrigued!!! Thanks Carina xoxo
    Michelle's WoW @ Book Hangovers Blabs Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick! This sounds like an awesome fantasy/adventure novel! I had never heard of it before, but it is definitely on my TBR now.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love a good MG and this looks perfect!
    -Scott Reads It

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love MG books and this one sounds fantastic. I have it on my list now! Love the description! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah this one looks so amazing! I have a copy of these and I've been trying to hold off until closer to the pub date, but it's so tempting to start it already! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This book screams, "Carina!" Lol. I think you will definitely enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this one is new to me and it sounds great! I love a good MG book and it's been a while since I read one, too! Great pick I'll keep an eye out for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't heard of this one, but it sounds interesting! Definitely going to have to add it to my TBR list! :D Thanks for sharing! :D

    ~ Zoe @ The Infinite To-Read Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  15. Middle grade fantasy can be so good when it's done well! I don't think I'd heard of this one before, so thanks for featuring it, Carina. :)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  16. Was this cover redone? I know I've heard of this one but I swear it had a different cover when I first saw it. Maybe I'm crazy! That's a possibility. :) I do love the sound of this one! I don't read a ton of middle grade fiction, but sometimes they just sound too good to miss. Great pick Carina!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)