Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #125

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

MORTAL DANGER BY ANN AGUIRRE

Goodreads Description:

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Edie Kramer has a score to settle with the beautiful people at Blackbriar Academy. Their cruelty drove her to the brink of despair, and four months ago, she couldn’t imagine being strong enough to face her senior year. But thanks to a Faustian compact with the enigmatic Kian, she has the power to make the bullies pay. She’s not supposed to think about Kian once the deal is done, but devastating pain burns behind his unearthly beauty, making him impossible to forget.

In one short summer, her entire life changes, and she sweeps through Blackbriar, prepped to take the beautiful people down from the inside. A whisper here, a look there, and suddenly . . . bad things are happening. It’s a head rush, seeing her tormentors get what they deserve, but things that seem too good to be true usually are, and soon, the pranks and payback turn from delicious to deadly. Edie is alone in a world teeming with secrets and fiends lurking in the shadows. In this murky morass of devil’s bargains, she isn’t sure who—or what—she can trust. Not even her own mind . . .


Hardcover, 384 pages
Expected publication: August 5th 2014 by Feiwel & Friends
Pre-Order here.

I am so extremely excited for this book. Because I LOVED the Razorland trilogy by Ann. It was beyond amazing. And I'm hoping these books will be too. And ah. Mortal Danger just sounds so awesome. And I love this cover as well. I cannot wait to read this book. A bit worried as well :D Mostly excited, though.
What are you waiting for?

10 comments:

  1. Oooh I didn't know that Ann Aguirre had another book coming out. I love her books and this one sounds really good.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this one sounds really dark and creepy. Nice choice!

    My W.o.W. is here: http://roseshadowink.wordpress.com/2014/03/05/grabby-paws-daughter-of-chaos-by-jen-mcconnel/

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES this one looks very creepy and sinister. I haven't read her Enclave series, but this sounds more my taste anyhow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont usually read the revenge type, but does sound interesting. Hope you get to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In a way this books reminds me of the popular 80's movie, Heathers, with Winona Ryder and Christian Slater. Where they take down the popular girls, but then the guy gets carried away wanting to take down the entire school and everyone in it. LOL
    I love that movie, so if this book reminds me of that, then I should love this book ;)
    Great Pick Chick
    Book Hangovers Blabs Books
    BIG hugs & kisses xoxo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone seems to be waiting for this book today! This is the first time I've heard of it though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was mine for this week, too!!!! It sounds great, and I really love the cover!

    Jennifer
    YA Sisterhood

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES! I want to read this one as well! I have enjoyed Aguirre's other books, so I'm interested in this series. Also, the cover is great! :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oohh this sounds intriguing. That cover, too! I think I'll check this out when it releases :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! I hadn't heard about this one before but it sounds fantastic and Ann Aguirre is awesome! Adding it to my TBR list now! Thanks for sharing Carina!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)