Monday, March 3, 2014

Review: The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan

Yeah, I'm pretty much in love with Percy Jackson. And I do not mind one bit. Though I do fear a lot of heartbreak. And I'm a little bit worried about the romance so far. Well, mostly lack of, but there is some tension. But I have hope. Because everything else is perfect. The characters. The story. It's all amazing.

I'm just so glad that I started reading this series, finally. Though it is taking away a lot of my time, as I can't seem to stop reading. But I'm loving it. So much. And next I will read the fifth book. <3 Then start on the new series :D Which I am beyond excited about. Well, okay, very excited and a lot of nervous.

There is just so much happening in The Battle of the Labyrinth. So, so much. First, I still adore Percy. He's still the best. And I love that the books are from his point of view. Sigh. And I still adore Annabeth. Just wishing she would share how she feels, because it's starting to annoy me a little. You know, how she keeps defending the evil Luke. Sigh. Still, I do love her a lot.

There are so many characters in this book. So many to love. And so many to dislike. Grrr. I still love Grover a lot. And we see a little bit more of him in this book. And learn more about his god, Pan. Which was interesting. And Tyson. Sigh. I still pretty much love him, hih. Then there is a newer character, Rachel. I can't like her. Because she likes Percy. And I ship Percy and Annabeth. But. She is also a pretty amazing girl and I loved how she's just a mortal yet she sees so much. Yeah. I did like her. Mostly.

We also see more of Nico in this book. I'm still a bit worried about him. But holy crap. I kind of really, really love him. He's so young. And so adorable. Though he is so so bitter. It breaks my heart. But his gift. As a son of Hades, he is pretty amazing. And I loved his power. I want those. Though Percy's powers for being a son of Poseidon is pretty amazing as well. Sigh. I just really enjoyed everything in these books. There is so much action in this one. And pain. A lot of heartbreak. I really loved this book.

I will not say more of this. Just that there is this really amazing labyrinth. Okay, fine, it is all kinds of creepy. And I really loved reading about it. And I really love Percy's dreams. Which are also creepy. But so interesting. There is just so much to love in these books. And this one was amazing. I will now be starting book number five and I cannot wait. I need more of Percy and his world. I think I would love to be a half-blood. Probably. Seems pretty dangerous, but also all kinds of fun. Think it would be for me. <3

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! So glad you're enjoying this series! It really is a fun set of books :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're enjoying the series. I'm reading the new series on audio. At least I will be as soon as it gets warm enough to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved how book kept on getting more new characters and action to keep it fresh and not boring! And I ship Annabeth and Percy so much too!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)