Friday, January 31, 2014

Review: The Lost Planet by Rachel Searles

I wanted to read The Lost Planet as soon as I saw that cover many months ago. And I liked the summary as well. Then I was lucky to get an ARC from Macmillan months ago, but I never found the time to start reading it. But today I really wanted to. And I'm so glad I did. Because I really enjoyed this book.

I'm not sure what to say about it, though. There is so much happening all the time and I can't mention too much about it because I don't want to spoil anything. I found the writing in this book to be very good and very easy to read. I found The Lost Planet to be very exciting and full of surprises. I adored it.

What I really loved about this book was the characters. I think they were all amazing. The story is about thirteen year old Chase. Who suddenly wakes up with no memory of anything. Which was kind of sad and made me feel a lot for him. But it was also pretty amazing and I thought it was done really well. I loved where he woke up; outside the house of Parker. Who was all kinds of awesome. I liked reading about him quite a lot.

Most of the plot in this book is about Chase trying to figure out who he is. And there is so much happening and so much to figure out about him. And I loved getting to know it all, though I would still like to know so much more. I would say that this book ends on a cliffhanger. And I need to know what happens next. What happens with the plot and the characters. I would really love a sequel to The Lost Planet. <3 So fingers crossed for that; I would read it in a heartbeat. This was an awesome book.

There are a lot of characters in this book. I won't mention them all. But I really liked reading about all of them. Some were creepy and mean and I kind of loved that too. But some were also pretty sweet. Though mostly I just loved Chase and Parker. They are both adorable. Sure, Parker do a few dumb things. But I didn't really fault him for that and I still adored him. I just loved reading about them both so much. Then there is the android, Mina. Whom I kind of loved. She was weird, but still amazing.

The plot in this book takes place on different planets. And I liked that. We get to know a little about each one and I loved that. So interesting to read about. And I would have loved to know more. I really enjoyed those nightmarish creatures that lived on Trucon. Those were creepy. I think it's the one of the cover? Though I'm not sure. I kind of thought that was a dragon, hih. But no dragons in this book. Anyway. I would have loved to see more of those creatures. But probably not, as they would kill you.

I don't think I should say much more about this book. As I kind of just want to say all the spoilery things, which I won't :D I just thought The Lost Planet was an amazing book with great characters. I loved reading it and I always wanted to know what would happen next. It's full of adventure and excitement. And a bit of horror as well. Some sad parts. And kind of full of betrayals, in a way. Anyway. I have decided to rate this book with a four stars, as I didn't fully love it. But I thought it was amazing.

Huge thank you to Ksenia at Macmillan Kids for the gorgeous print ARC of this book. <3 I'm so happy that I read it and so thankful that I got this copy to read. I will also be buying a hardcover of it: :)

3 comments:

  1. So glad you got an ARC of this and liked it. I agree that it was very action packed. It'll be a great book to appeal to boys as well as girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like this was a great action packed read! Great review, Carina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Chase so much--you really feel so much for him, even though the author didn't set up situations that felt forced. I'm really hoping there will be a book two! I'm so glad you liked it. :)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)