Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #63

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

THE WARD BY JORDANA FRANKEL

Goodreads Description:

Sixteen-year-old Ren is a daredevil mobile racer who will risk everything to survive in the Ward, what remains of a water-logged Manhattan. To save her sister, who is suffering from a deadly illness thought to be caused by years of pollution, Ren accepts a secret mission from the government: to search for a freshwater source in the Ward, with the hope of it leading to a cure.

However, she never expects that her search will lead to dangerous encounters with a passionate young scientist; a web of deceit and lies; and an earth-shattering mystery that’s lurking deep beneath the water’s rippling surface.

Jordana Frankel’s ambitious debut novel and the first in a two-book series, The Ward is arresting, cinematic, and thrilling—perfect for fans of Scott Westerfeld or Ann Aguirre.


Hardcover, 384 pages
Expected publication: April 30th 2013 by Katherine Tegen Books
Pre-Order here.

Another new book :D I think this one sounds amazing. What drew me to it was the cover. The cover is stunning. And I do adore covers like this one ;) And yeah. The summary is amazing, to be honest. I do love Dystopia books. And The Ward sounds so good. Really hoping I will like it; that the writing will be good :) I hope so. And I'm hoping the romance will be amazing :D Hih. I do adore a great romance.
What are you waiting for?

4 comments:


  1. I agree, amazing cover and summary sounds very interesting too. Nice pick! :)
    Happy holidays!
    Dragana @ Bookworm Dreams
    Check out what I am waiting for this Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUP AH-MA-ZING COVER! I so want this book bad too. The cover rocks, it's a DYSTOPIAN, and i agree i'm going to be hoping the romance to be amazing! Also it says it's great for SCOTT WESTERFELD fans, and I LOVE his books. SO YEAH pretty EXCITED with ya for this book to come out too ;)

    -Great pick Carina! ^_^
    Lisseth @ Read-A-holicZ [My WoW]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I've seen this book on some blog and since them I want to read it. I so agree the cover looks so good and I won't even talk about summary. Great pick :)

    Here is our WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one DOES sound amazing! Hope you enjoy it. I've been seeing this on lots of WOW posts lately... I'm surprised I'm not more amped up about this one in comparison!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :)